ConcussionsPLAYERS/PARENTS:Concussions in athletics are a very serious problem. They are also very easily treated, if detected early!! Cavalry Basketball has committed to 3 things regarding concussions — early detection, appropriate rest time following a concussion, and no return-to-play without a concussion clearing form (link below) from a physician.Here are a few common indicators of a concussion:
- Headache or “pressure” in head.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Balance problems or dizziness, or double or blurry vision.
- Bothered by light or noise.
- Feeling sluggish, hazy, foggy, or groggy.
- Confusion, or concentration or memory problems.
- Just not “feeling right,” or “feeling down”.
If you think your child might have a concussion – play it safe. Stop play immediately and get them checked out by a trainer or physician.
The Bishop Neumann Students for Life group spent the morning... Read more →