St. John’s Catholic Elementary School offers an exceptional Catholic educational opportunity for students in Pre-K to 6th grade. The school was staffed by the Notre Dame Sisters until 2010 and now has one Marian Sister as a teacher in the school as well as our resident Priest, Fr. Matthew Vandewalle, and several lay teachers. 80% of our teachers have master’s degrees and our students have an excellent academic opportunity based on a Christ-centered foundation. Our exceptional teachers, community support and committed families makes our school a blessing for our students. St. John’s is located at 130 N. Front Street in Weston, NE. For more information about St. John’s Catholic School, please contact the office at 402-642-5234.
The mission of St. John’s Catholic School is:
“To provide spiritual growth and a solid academic foundation in a Christ-centered environment for guidance in this world toward eternal salvation.”
Quick Facts About St. John’s School
- 85 Students
- Pre-K – 6th Grade
- Teacher Student Ratio: 1/11
- Teacher Average Length of Service: 18 years
- Resource Teacher Available to All Students
- Saxon Math & Advanced Reading Program in all grades
- Daily Mass, Monthly Confessions
- Catholic Faith & Service emphasized in every class
- Religious Staff: Priest & 2 Sisters on Staff
- Band-5th & 6th Grade; Music – K-6 –
- Cavalry Sports – Basketball, Wrestling, Softball & Volleyball
- Cavalry Robotics 5th – 12th Grade
- Classroom Robotics, Coding, IPads, Smartboards K-6
- Free & Reduced Lunch Program-Hot Lunch Program Information
- Free & Reduced Tuition Program: Guardian Angel Fund
- Bus Service-Saunders County & within 15 minutes of Omaha/Lincoln
- Pre-K Classes: 3 year olds and up Full Day T/TH; 4 year old Full Day M/W/F with option of M-F
- Extended Day Program: Before & After School 6:30 a.m. – 5:45p.m.
History of the School
St. John Nepomucene Elementary School was built in 1954 in Weston, NE for a cost a of $120,000 and was renovated in 2005 with over $1.3m in facility and technology updates. The school was built by and is supported by the parishoners of St. John Nepomucene Church, which is located next to the school. St. John’s serves students from the parishes in Valparaiso, Prague, Plasi, Touhy, Weston, Davey, Morse Bluff, Cedar Bluffs and other surrounding communities.